Slick looking wall patches

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hacy

Reaction score
My first post so here it gos, purchased a 19 year old home, who ever painted before used a dirty roller and it must have been textured, but the texture looks like small pimples, so I sanded the walls with 80 grit sand paper and patched the holes of alot of pictures, finished sanding the patches, I then washed my walls , touched up the patches with the new color, then rolled the walls. job turned out beautiful, except the patches are slick now and the walls still have the pimples sanded down, it does not look good when sunlite shines on the walls, used Valspar Signature Eggshell finish, anybody with any Ideas to remedy the problem would be helpful, willing to paint complete room over. Hacy

The problem your having is that you sanded the patches smoother than the rest of the wall surface now the patches are flashing.
The best you can do is get the paint out again and take a brush and use a stipple approach to blending the patches.

Like to thank all who responded, will try the brush stiffling. Hacy

Latest posts

Back