Air conditioner

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frederixx

Reaction score
I just got a new wall split air conditioner (KFR-50GW - 18000 btu) installled and i've noticed that it runs much louder than it supposed to. On my iPhone it says 69DB at LOW (was supposed to be max 45 at HIGH). I know it's a cheap brand and didn't expect it to last 15 years, but it's just way too loud. Is that normal behaviour with cheap brands?

Also, they installed a water drainage pipe to bring water to the ground, but i see a lot of water drops on my balcony. I will call them back, but i'm sure they'll try to convince me it's perfectly normal.

Any advice?

Thanks

Not sure about your description of the water leaks ? Photos ?

Check the filter & see if the fan is dragging on it . Or if the fan is dragging on some piece of trash , or something . Does it make the same nois with the cover open ?

A mini split is suppose to be QUIET .

God bless
Wyr

I have seem some cheap China units , I never installed one , I would guess thier junk. Even though thier price is alot cheaper , thier still a good buck and I wouldn't take that gamble. What kind of unit is it?

The indoor coil condensates and has a drain , by saying you see drops on your porch I'm confused. Are you saying the outdoor part of the unit has water dripping? Is the unit ac only , or does heat also ?

There are dozens , maybe hundreds of brands of MS's . The majority are made in China . Both of mine are , and they are not the same brand .

Praise the Lord , both are still running fine ! :)

God bless
Wyr

Latest posts

Back