any other alternatives to rustoeum

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gghrt000

Reaction score
I have used one of the rustroleum counter to painting kit to improve my old-style counter for kitchen and bathroom, but looking at now, I think it was mostly failure. I think before last applicatin of protective coat, I did not smooth it enough because it was very labor intensive. Because of it, surface is rough. In general it looks OK, but with the sharp eye, it definitely looks like a rough work. Also I did not like the mess it creates at all when I had to spray around chips. So in general it is pretty nice product but seems like a very labor intensive to use. I am wondering any good counter top kits out there that is easier to use with the decent outcome or is it just this brand that dominates this market? I could later replace the whole counter top but that is not quite an option for now, as the costs involved and anything that can happen during the plumbing can cause a major issue, which itself another whole topic with my HOA's way of doing with us. Thanks!

thanks nealtw. i was wondering if re-doing that is safe actually. Might have to get another whole kit as they dont sell it separately. but if it smoothes out it is worth the price.

Did a little looking and some are saying, this is the top coat.
http://eti-usa.com/envirotex-lite/

thanks Nealt again so much. Could not log here back for quite a while. I am going to try this then. I am tired of coarse surface that is trapping all kinds of soap residue and other stuff.

Last thing I am wondering before I starting again is I found that the scraper that comes with kit seems too soft and takes forever to smooth it out. Especially harder to reach places. I am wonderin any other scraper you would recommend that is more stronger but will not damage the surface. I am going to home depot and ask about it too.

Thanks.,

Latest posts

Back