What's grosser than gross?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Chris

So a couple weeks ago I was at my mountain house. It is on tank water and a septic holding tank, water needs to be trucked in. I was working all day and went in and took a shower and brushed my teeth just like I had all week there. When I was done I went out and took the cover off my water tank to see how much water was left. (It is an underground tank) I look down ans see something at the bottom of the tank. It's a mouse dead as a door nail. At this point I am about to puke since I just brushed my teeth and bathed in this water. I decided I would pump out the tank and clean it up and call for new water. The next morning I pumped it out and went home. Today I had a buddies employee go over and clean the tank out (I'm to fat to get in there or at least to fat to get out). He just called me and said there where about twenty mice in there in various stages of decomposition.

I have already done everything I thought I could to seal this tank up. The only place they could possibly be getting in is the main manhole which has a clamped metal cover, it must in one area sit a little funny giving them enough room to get in.

Another question is do I tell the wife or not?

I am now researching new above ground poly tanks with screw on lids but don't know if I want to pay a couple grand on a house I want to sell.

Umm, nope. As said above, this is something you should keep to yourself until the divorce papers have been served. ;)

Back