What's for dinner?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Chris

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByHome Repair1447381711.186050.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 95
At this house... :( ... there is very little menu planning.

I call it stove top pot surprise as the entrée' is only realized until after the smoke alarm goes off... :hide:

Last night we cooked a turkey and stuffing and all the trimmings, well she did I was at work but did make the gravy. Kind of a practice turkey day meal but mostly to use up an old turkey and make a place for a couple new ones to live in the freezer for a few years like this one did. I thought of this thread when I took the 20 pound bird out of the roaster and again when I had my plate full of the feast. I started laughing and she asked what was funny and I said how weird would it be to take a picture of this and post it on a home improvement forum? Lol. She said pretty weird. Well my phone was upstairs so I didn’t get the pic. What do women know anyways?

Bud, deep fried or smoked and you'll never use that roasting pan again for turkey...:beer:

...and remember, pics or it didn't happen...:banana:

We have similar non-gun talk on the gun forums. Every once in awhile, some stooge will chime in that there is no place for this type of talk on a gun forum. We are all friends, and our passions and interest vary greatly. It is nice to see what others are doing and eventually I may just make it to someone's house to taste these fine cuisines.

Trust me, next time I'm in Tennessee, you bet you're arse I'll be there.

We almost met for some grub tonight, but I had to be the cook at a birthday party. I smoked a brisket and pork shoulder, they all loved it.

Drank a bunch of moonshine so tomorrow when I am at Disneyland I'm sure I will feel great.

I went to a memorial service luncheon for a friend of my G/F. I sat down while the G/F went to talk to other family members. The people sitting next to me immediately turned to me and asked..."so how do you know Eleanor?" Being caught off guard I replied, "I have no idea who Eleanor is or was, and didn't even know her name until I saw the memory card on each seating." I thought I was going to cause another death based on how they reacted to what I said!

Dinner? Nope, not tonight.

I'm trying to eat gluten free this week. I was diagnosed with celiac disease a couple years ago and don't follow the diet like I should. I know my limits with wheat products and two days of drinking beer ruins me for about a week. Anyone have any recipes for good food that doesn't have bread or pasta?

I find most folks who demand gluten free want this because it is just a fad, unlike your real disease. My step daughter is like this. She demands gluten free "just because" and wants us to only buy gluten so if she eats here, it will be her liking. I say BS. If she don't like what we are cooking, stay home!

Latest posts

Back