Sliding Socket Outlets

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoseG25

Reaction score
Hi people,

I'm currently working on a project which basically consists in a sliding box, which can be slipped vertically and horizontally through 4 rails (The images are attached). This box contains socket outlets to connect electronic devices. The purpose of this system is to facilitate the connection of electronic devices in houses, schools, restaurants, etc. I would really love to get some feedbacks from you.

Thanks!

SlidingS1.jpg

SlidingS2.jpg

Looks like dangerous exposed power on the rails.

Sounds like a great idea, you have no idea how many times a day I wished I had a socket over and up just a bit. :)

I'm confused, is the voltage going to 120VAC, and how is it energized? Please don't say the rails are.

before we jump to any conclusions, the OP should answer how the power gets to the box.
As far as practicality goes, the rails would have to be pretty long to worth it. For an extra foot or less, I don't know who would want these installed, except for some designer in the hi-tech industry.

I need more detail on how it works before I can comment.

Latest posts

Back