Water pump tank pipe problem

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitefox42

Reaction score
I have a leak in the 4 way pipe that comes out of my water pump tank. The technician who checked it said that the pipe can't be fixed without replacing the whole tank. Is this just a way to get me to spend more money? Can the pipe be replaced. The condition of both the pipe, tank, pump, and house is horrible and I might have to walk away from the house so I don't want to spend a lot of money until I know if my mortgage company will work with me to replace the home. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Kim WhiteFox whitefox42

All taken care of. I had a nice local plumber who did me a favor and didn't charge much and fixed it.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what four way pipe your referring to. Probably because you and I would call an item different names.

To be specific, a tank is totally separate from pipes. One can be changed without changing the other unless both are damaged and can't be repaired.

You could be talking about a tank tee which is connected to the tank so the pressure switch, gauge, a hose bibb and pressure release valve can be installed. That item too is separate from the tank once unscrewed.

post a picture of what your talking about,,

Back