Kitchenaid mixer

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nealtw

Contractor retired
Reaction score
They claim the gears are greased with food safe grease.:help:
If the unit is not used for years the grease will separate and then a black oil will leak into the cookie doe.:(
Food safe or not, you are not eating the cookies.:rofl:
They sell this grease or they say they do. not easy to find.:mad:
What difference would it make if I used a regular grease of some type?
Thoughts?

That's fine I guess....as long as it oozes out in enough quantity so that you can see it. Otherwise I think you will be eating tiny quantities more often than you know. Who knows, it might "ease digestion" ;)

One guy claimed the chrome ring is there to catch such leaks, I wonder if it is the manual to clean that from time to time

41QNGgKDY9L._AA160_.jpg

I looked up Hobart mixers and found they use a food safe grease by Mobil and I found a local supplier. We will see how that goes.

Slightly off topic but my lady has been wanting one of those mixers for the last couple Christmas. I remember my mom had one and it spent more time in the closet than making cookies and she would use the hand one because it was too much work dragging the big rig out. They come in every color of the rainbow now and with a lot of attachments kind of the shop smith of the kitchen. She is on a healthy eating thing now so I haven’t heard about it in a few months.

So the question is do these mixers make a romantic Valentine gift?

Nothing says Happy Valentines Day like a new kitchen appliance.....:trophy:

That’s what I was thinking too. Just wasn’t sure. I was kind of thinking a new push mower but that’s more of a spring gift and that’s when her Birthday is.

Wonder if I can find a mixer with grease fittings then I could get her a grease gun as a little something extra.
:clap:

you better not, mixer is not a good valentines gift

a mixer is a gift you give because you were thinking of her while you were at work.:)

valentines is, a nice restaurant,bottle of good wine an good conversation

with maybe something shiny for her to wear.:trophy:

not a mixer:hide:

getting into a decent restaurant here on VD is not easy. And they shorten the menu and jack up the prices. Usually it's a very unromantic experience. If you go early, they also rush you out. Take her out tonight or give her a rain check. Better yet, cook dinner for her (DIY style? :hide:). Just don't use the mixer until it's fixed.

Ok Frodo I read your post to her and she said what I don’t get a mixer? She did like the dinner and wine idea and really liked the something shiny idea.

SnS She said the same thing about going out and said if I did a DIY meal it better be on the grill because that’s where my culinary skills end. It’s a blizzard outside but I might be cooking out there just the same. We just spent an hour in the hot tub and came in for a late lunch I think I’m going to suggest a movie in the home theater now one of those Nicolas Sparks jobbies I cant stand but she loves. She’s tired of watching The worlds fastest Indian for the 20th time.

OK, now I have to watch The Worlds Fastest Indian after watching the trailer...better be good.

It’s in my top ten all time best movies and I’m sure you will like it. Plus it’s a true story.

Done, this thing had more than twice as much grease as they call for so I scoped all that out, cleaned up all the oil. Let it sit over night, cleaned up oil again. Put the old grease back in and closed it up.

It must be in the manual that the chrome ring has to be popped off from time time to clean out oil.
I will be teaching the owner.

This grease is not supposed to smell or taste bad and is food safe. If they think this crap smells like food, I don't want to eat anything they cook.

Kitchen aid Indian thread....
Just watched the Movie last night..LOVED IT!!
Thanks Guys, now I have to go to the flats.....:help::trophy:

Kitchen aid Indian thread....
Just watched the Movie last night..LOVED IT!!
Thanks Guys, now I have to go to the flats.....:help::trophy:

Now we got to get oldog to watch it.

Growing up in the 60’s the guy in the movie was a neighbor of mine. He could build anything in his barn.
:) I bet he could even grease a mixer.

Latest posts

Back