Photos of siding

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thx neal , that wood actually looks really nice. I like the color scheme in the first pic. My roof is charcoal so I was thinking a tone like that would look nice. To clue everyone in , I need to do some siding

2016-02-04-084642-1434.jpg

They started putting the wood on the corners to get contrasting colors, I never understood why they never just used a different color vinyl corner.
The house in post 3 has the latest, where they use thicker wood for all the trim and hide the J trim and then at a glance the vinyl looks more like wood.

They started putting the wood on the corners to get contrasting colors, I never understood why they never just used a different color vinyl corner.

The house in post 3 has the latest, where they use thicker wood for all the trim and hide the J trim and then at a glance the vinyl looks more like wood.

So that is how it is done. J trim has to be used and it is hidden?

Thinking of using PVC trim boards (corner-door/window trim-etc) but cutting a groove into the PVC facing edge to act as J-Channel. Maybe some thin flashing @ the inside groove facing w house warp?

Does this make sense? I like the look of (and $$$) of vinyl siding but the trim (vinyl and alum) makes it look cheap to me.

xrawmaterials_crop.jpg

Latest posts

Back