Garage epoxy coating

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiamcobb

Reaction score
Hi friends ,
There are stains of oil, paint, etc. on my garage floor which happen while I do all the mechanical works of my cars at the garage. I have heard that epoxy coating on the floor can avoid such stains and stay durable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you have to get up all the old stains before you can consider an epoxy coat. There are lots of products for both cleaning and finishing. You may get more specific help in the masonry & concrete forum.

I just epoxied my floor 4 days ago. Picked up the 2 1/2 car garage epoxy kit at Home Depot, and paid about ~$90. Prep is the key. I scraped the floor, filled in the small holes with a two part epoxy, gave it a citric acid scrubbing twice, then used a muriatic acid solution, then rinsed the floor a few times. I also sprinkled a bag of traction sand for better grip, and will coat it in a clear in a few weeks.

020216a.jpg

020216f.jpg

020216e.jpg

Last edited:
OP, havasu is absolutely correct about the prep. It must be scrupulously clean or the product WILL lift and peel in spots.

Epoxy coatings are perfect for what you're looking for! We just one of our clients. The epoxy that we use is water, scratch and stain resistant while also being UV stable so it won't fade of yellow over time.

IMG_1608.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back