Trying to locate discontinued tile

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryceblox

Reaction score
I need to make a repair to several tiles in my kitchen and have discovered the tiles that were originally used have been discontinued. The tile is Marazzi Pacifico 16 x 16 Cabos (UD11). I am looking for 8-10 tiles and am willing to pay top dollar to anyone who might have a box or two just collecting dust.

I need to make a repair to several tiles in my kitchen and have discovered the tiles that were originally used have been discontinued. The tile is Marazzi Pacifico 16 x 16 Cabos (UD11). I am looking for 8-10 tiles and am willing to pay top dollar to anyone who might have a box or two just collecting dust.

You'll need to search for a bone yard that accumulates discontinued products.

I know of two here in S. Cal.

Thanks for the advice. I have an inquiry in with thisoldtile.com as well. I figured there may be a chance that a contractor or homeowner may have a couple boxes left over from a past project as well. All advice or direction is greatly appreciated!

I would recommend taking a picture of exactly what you need since it may jar some memories.

They generally evolve as a niche industry and become known by word of mouth among tradesmen.

Their inventory will vary from limited stock of expired, discontinued and desolved corp., like HUNTINGTON Tile, popular in the 60's, too discontinued patterns, and the market is of homeowners to developers.

Find a Home Depot with a good customer support and have them check inventory of every store, there left overs often go to Habitat Restore, they might find that for you too. Must often the trick is to get past costumer help desk before you get someone willing to help you.

Yes, here was the response I received:

"Sorry, this tile is discontinued and no longer available. We have nothing left in stock. Please feel free to let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thank you again for writing. We hope Marazzi will continue to be your first choice in the future.

We invite you to contact Marazzi direct for immediate assistance by calling 972-232-3801 between 7:30am - 5:00pm CST weekdays or by emailing whenever the need arises.

Thank you for choosing Marazzi,

Marazzi Customer Service Team"

Sounds like you're S.O.L.

You could try using a complimentary tile and creating a pattern or something more creative. or you can continue to search the 'bone yards'. Makes me feel better that I saved a box of tile for 20 years in my basement.

Some times you just have to look for something close or start looking a pattern you could work in with a different tile.
I have replaced one broken tile by adding a 4 x 6 rug pattern in a kitchen.

Home Depot tile might be easy to find because of the volumes ... I have been in custom tile situations and had success. There are tile stores which offer upscale tile, of course. Their delivery guys go to Los Angeles tile yards every week. With a sample in hand, they were able to locate the quantity of marble I needed in one case. This will not work for very old tile .... but worth a shot

Latest posts

Back