Direct TV

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

havasu

My bill last month was $154 per month. I just received my new bill this month and it went up to $224. I am really frustrated. Thank you ATT!

Unbelievable what we pay for cell phones, internet service. You could be driving a really nice car for what we spend on the things that keep us tethered to the world of instant gratification.

...so I finally hit my limit. I told the G/F, just F it, cancel and I will start a new package using my name instead of hers. We got the cancellation department and lo and behold, they found a way to save me big money, we will now be paying $124... a hundred bucks a month savings. I lose HBO and MAX, but so what, all they show are old movies.

I'm with you. The absolute only thing I watch is the local news in the morning and evening. Yet I pay 150 bucks a month. I also have direct tv.

Our internet bill was 200 bucks now that frontier took over Verizon and we never use it. I use my phone most all the time. Thinking of cancelling everything.

I have internet only with my cable. More than a year ago I cancelled the tv cable but for some reason the local and their secondary stations come in on the tv's they still are set on cable/tv input and the coax connected.

If you have a smart tv, or an adapter Netflix, Hulu+, Amazon, etc. are good and you can get them for about $7 a month each.

I :clap:CUT THE CABLE :clap:some time ago. Broadcast HDTV is free (news and network sports) (and the picture quality is much better) . NETFLIX and HULU for entertainment.

No phone (why with wireless). They still have you over the barrel for internet fees.

Last edited:
Unbelievable what we pay for cell phones, internet service. You could be driving a really nice car for what we spend...

Or cover my bar tab @ the Eagles and Legion... :beer:
A man must address his priorities.

Why do I have to pay subscription fees for commercial TV... :confused:

Why do I have to pay subscription fees for commercial TV...
I'm sure y'all remember when pay TV was going to cancel out commercials of all kinds. Remember that??? Well so do I, so why are we still watching them?

And breaking up MA-BELL was supposed to save money.:p

I might have to call them and act like I am going to cancel and see if they can save me some money on my bill.

I was in Walmart a couple weeks ago and they had a table set up for some dish tv thing and there were two kids pestering the hell out of everyone that walked past trying to sign them up. People were being polite and saying no and these kids would follow them trying to talk them into it. I was killing time as she was doing the real shopping across the store so walked straight up to them and said thank god you guys are here. I have been wanting to switch my tv provider and haven’t seen any promo deals in a while. They said good and all smiles and I asked I’m ready to sign up but not unless they could get my bill lower. The one kid said sir we will do that for sure I promise you that. And the other agreed. They asked who was my provider and what was I paying. I said well you know I have HD TV now and I don’t want to lose that. They said yes sir we have HD. And asked who I had again? I said well I get TV the way God intended and it comes straight from God to my house and I get all the stations I could ever need. The younger kid looked befuddled the older kid said you get your TV over the air? I said yep that’s what it’s called. Same way I did it as a kid only now it’s 1080 HD. I said how much better in price can you guys do for me? The kid said well you get it for free. I said yep and you promised me a better deal. He said well we can give you the NFL package for free and I said oh I get the NFL more than I want to watch and I even get the super bowl. He said do you like other sports and I said yes golf and he said well we have the golf channel and I said well I also get all the golf I can watch now and all the big ones like the masters. He said how about movies and I told him I like movies and I have over 2000 DVD’s in my collection I don’t have time for watching many more movies. He said well how about internet and I said well I get that with my cell phone and they give me 16 gigs and I only use about 10 between my phone and computer and I do pay $10 per month for that and could they do better on the internet and they said I don’t think so. At that point the one kid went back to bothering other people and I had a feeling they got paid by how many they sold. The other kid was pushing me away about as hard as they were trying to suck people in before. Finally, I told them sorry we couldn’t make a deal.

I went and found her in the food section and about a half later we were going past these guys and she said hey we should see what kind of price we could get on the dish. I said not a bad idea let’s stop and talk to them……. hehehe

Latest posts

Back