foundation issue in nc

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcaulfield8

Reaction score
Im looking at a house for my wife and i and noticed these issues in the brick walls. They are on the front and left side of the house. I also noticed hairline cracks above some windows and doors inside
I have attached pictures of both walls and the cracks above teh windows.
Im certain their are issues but am very interested in the house since it would be at a well reduced cost.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks for your time

caulfield01.jpg

caulfield02.jpg

caulfield03.jpg

caulfield04.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They build a lot different down south than up here where we get a deep freeze. Is the house built with the crawl space under it and every so many feet they have a pier built out of blocks to cut down the span. The ones I have seen they just do a small footer and not too deep for the brickwork and it looks like it has failed. Some of the pics look like it was repaired a little and separated again. That could be a clue as to how active the problem is.

Can you hand dig a little at the base where a crack starts and see what you might find? Are you getting any kind of a home inspection done? I would want a pro to at least look at that issue.

Welcome to the forum.

i was going to have both an inspection and a professional out to look at it.
I was hesitant about spending that money until i had it under contract.
I was just trying to figure out a ballpark figure to deduct before i added the contingency
thanks

If you write a contract and the inspection finds an issue you re negotiate terms, most sellers want the contract before the inspections

Latest posts

Back