Iphone or Samsung Galaxy?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Chris

Probably not the best place to ask this but I am in need of a new cell phone, mine is on it's last leg. I currently have an Iphone 5 and like it for the most part. The reason I have not gotten a new one is first because this one has worked for me and the new ones are so large it's like carrying a laptop in your pocket.

I am looking at the new Iphone 6s plus and the Samsung Galaxy S& Edge, I really like how the I phone works and I know how to use it, I dislike how it gets all screwed up if I don't update it all the time. The new Samsung is a bit smaller than the Iphone which is a plus in my book and it is water proof to a certain extent which is good but it has more glass on it than the iphone which means breaking easier.

What do you guys think?

I have an s5 galaxy and no issues...does everything I need to run a business. Also bought the life proof protection cover..no issues. My others are the same, one had a freeze up. We took out the battery and it rebooted... I told him to stay off the xxx sites..no more issue.

Don't forget, if you switch to a Samsung, you'll be moving to a whole new operating system, new apps, etc. I'm not knocking Android; I have an Android phone, but i can't sync it with my Mac.

I don't have Mac or apple products at all except my phone now. One of my trucks has a radio that works with the Iphone but that is not a deal maker or breaker.

I personally prefer Samsung. I have a Samsung Note 4. I like that I was able to use my own SD card inside (64Gb) that I'd had in my previous phone. Not sure if you can do that with the newer models.

Samsung does force automatic updates that you can't stop, which is annoying. But overall, I'm happy with it. It is compatible with other devices. My truck has bluetooth and I can sync my phone up with it to play my music or answer the phone.

I *think* (but am not sure) that the newer Samsungs come with a feature that lets you charge your phone via induction rather than having to plug it in (but you can still plug it in). You can get an induction charger and place the phone on it and it will charge. On the older models of the Samsungs, the charging via cord can be a bit persnickety. You need to have good cords or it won't charge.

Ok, I looked it up. The S7 has the Qi wireless charging or whatever it is called.

I can't get my damn internet to load the page right now, but this came up in a google search: http://www.cio.com/article/3035693/...the-galaxy-s7-and-gs7-edge-and-3-to-hate.html

Let me know if it's helpful at all.

Btw, is it true that in order to change the battery out on an iPhone you are supposed to send it in to them or take it to an authorized repair shop and have it done? Or is that just the older ones?

TL: DR? Samsung!!!

Both the Iphone and the S7 have batteries that can not be swapped by me.

Samsung 6 does not have replaceable batteries. In fact, none of the top phones have replaceable batteries.

Batteries are no longer block-shaped things that are easily removed. In order to keep these big phones slim, the battery are designed to fit between the components.

Ugh. Well, that sucks. I'm glad I have a Note 4 then. I can change my battery if I need to.

They want to charge you a boatload more for memory on phones so they made it so that can't be upgraded either.

Maybe something like an S5 Active would be good because it is waterproof, sturdier, you can change the battery, and you can upgrade the card (I think).

It all depends on what you use your phone for and such.

My wife got an LG with a replaceable battery and extra card. She likes it a lot. Me, I'm still rockin my old I4S with a shattered screen. Still works. I need a new phone...:help:

I have the 5s and I like it. It is small compared to carrying these new laptops in my pocket. I would keep it but it keeps having issues and I would like to replace while I can still get all my stuff off of it. It's only 3-4 years old, they just don't make stuff like they used to.

I have an i4 have been thinking of upgrading to a i4S.

I have Samsung note 3, waiting for the Note 6 to come out in about a month. It will have the sim port on the outside like the 7 does. I do the apps, internet, photos, and thinking about launching rockets to outer space with it.

I do so much on that phone. I only have an iPad small for the testing on forum purposes. I like it for Kindle app reading as it's pretty light.

Latest posts

Back