consumer reports

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure looks like a commercial to me. Has Consumer Reports sold out?

But I am guessing that you posted because you make the case that primer is still necessary. Is it?

I have used both primer and the paint with primer in it. Took me about the same amount of paint either way. With a good primer it took a lot less expensive paint to cover solid and with the primer in paint it just took twice as much paint. I'm no pro but I still think a primer is a great way to start.

Sure looks like a commercial to me. Has Consumer Reports sold out?

But I am guessing that you posted because you make the case that primer is still necessary. Is it?

I do believe they have. There is NO primer in ANY paint, period. It's a bold faced lie

Isn't primer kind of like paint with a few different properties? What makes it stick or cover better? I have a buddy who always tells me any flat paint is a primer.

A lot of times flat paint will work just fine. Primers are made to stick to the surface and for the paint to stick to it. It is a whole different product and to say it is in the same can as the paint is nothing but a lie.

Latest posts

Back