Finding an equivalent LED driver but dimmable

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vinogradov8

Reaction score
Given that the fixture mfg has a dimming option, why don't you just get the correct part from them?

Given that the fixture mfg has a dimming option, why don't you just get the correct part from them?

I've contacted them but the LED driver they use is only sold overseas, it would take a bit of time to get here. They recommended calling mouser but the guy there didn't know much either.

Looking at their power supply reference page and comparing the operating characteristics of your existing power supply to one that will dim seems to come up with none available. Given that the fixture can be had, according to your spec sheet, with dimming, I have to assume that the operating specs for the dimming vs the non-dimming are quite different.
That being said, I don't think getting an "equivalent" is the solution. Someone could sell you one with the same specs as your existing but it might not even dim your fixture.
It's not like you can say I need a dimming ballast for a 2 tube t8 fluorescent fixture, which is pretty universal. Not so much with dimming LED fixtures.
Given that they're designed around the application in the specific fixture, you're probably better off ordering from the fixture mfg. Go to their engineering department and not sales to find the actual part number for the dimming power supply in your fixture, then order it from Mouser or someone that also sells Mean Well.
You really need the dimming part number to cross rather than the non-dimming.

Thank you guys for all the help, I went ahead and contacted the MFG. They are going to pinpoint which driver will work best with my dimmer as well. Why does electricity have to be so hard :(

Back