Line for weed eater

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccpyue

Reaction score
I have an electric weed eater. The line comes with it used up. So I went out and buy a roll of line, and winding it to my weed eater. When I used it, and after tapping it on the ground to lengthen the line, the line just lost. I have to open up the weed eater's line compartment to find the line end. Sometime, I was not able to find the end, so I have to cut it to get a new line end for use.

When I used the original line come with the eater, I never had such problem. Since I put in new line by myself, this happened all the time. I wonder is there any special way to wind the line? Hope someone can help me on this. Thank you.

20160815_202339.jpg

I saw a clever idea somewhere. You put some cable/zip ties on the head and that becomes the line. Haven't tried it yet.

Care to share what make and model you have?
That picture is so blurry it's hard to see what you have going on.
No owners manual?
No arrow pointing to the direction to wind it?

I've also seen the pros reapply a head without taking the head off the machine. They just cut two equal lengths get the end attached and manually turn the head to take in the slack. And away they go.

Almost everything has an online owner's manual these days, and Youtube often has vids to show you how to do things. Google is your friend! You also need the correct size of line for it to feed properly. These gadgets can be frustrating at times and the only generic hint I can offer is don't overfill the reel-they feed better when the line in the spool had some room to move around.

Phil

Without any more info, I can only guess that the line is wound on in the wrong direction. So that when you bump it, the line is retracting instead of feeding (?)

Back