How to repair leaking pipe in Spa

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure what kind of pipe that is but if it mates to pvc then just cut the section where the hole is and put a pvc coupler in that spot.

The pipe is called flexible PVC and it starts out flexible and with age and heat it becomes harder I am told. You also have all that foam stuck to it and in getting that off and cutting it and gluing in a coupling I’m not sure what the success rate might be. You can always try that but I think if it was mine I might try gluing a patch over the hole if it was not to big of a hole. I haven’t tried this on a hot tub but I have had good luck with fiberglass resin and cloth wrapping other things to make a repair. Clean the area up to get all the foam off by scraping and sand paper and then paint it up with 2 part resin and wrap some fiberglass matt around it and wet it in, repeat a few times maybe a 4” length. If it doesn’t work you can still cut the PVC back and splice in a piece.

Just my thoughts for what they are worth.

Thanks for the help. HD has the pipe.
It's called flexible spa pipe and it's pvc.

Latest posts

Back