A Tale of Two Filters

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1victorianfarmhouse

Established Member
Reaction score
I am looking to add a water filter to my household plumbing system, which receives water from a well. I would like to filter out any particulates, etc. that may be in the water.

I have two brand new filter housings that I bought a a garage sale several years ago for real cheap. I've tried to attach a picture of them but even the smaller size my phone sends is too big for this system. The question is which one should I use?

GE GXWH30C Max press. 100psi (white)
Kenmore 625-343420 Max press. 125psi (clear)

Usage....Currently I am the only person living in the house. There is currently one kitchen with sink, two full bathrooms (tub/shower, sink, toilet). Two other full (tub/shower, sink, toilet) bathrooms will be added in the future. One dishwasher in the basement, two washing machines (was a two-unit for a while), and three garden hose outlets.

I am thinking that either filter housing will probably be suitable for my usage, but wonder if there would be a reason for one filter to be better?

Thanks,

Vince

I am looking to add a water filter to my household plumbing system, which receives water from a well. I would like to filter out any particulates, etc. that may be in the water.

...any particulates...?

You have to perform a full water analysis to find out exactly what is in your water and design your filtration methods from there. Anything else is just a guess.

why not use both, just plumb them inline together?

Back