Question about color...

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atomx

Reaction score
Hello: I've recently moved into an apartment where the landlord is allowing me to install mini blinds in my choice of color (she has given me a budget, so I don't have other options than mini blinds). I'm not sure which way to go color-wise, though. I have wood floors--typical color--a kind of deep blond, and my furnishings tend toward dark greens and browns (all wood furnishings are dark cherry). The walls are white (I am not allowed to repaint).

The choices for blinds would be white--for the monochromatic look, forest green, which would complement the dark green couch and some of the greens in an area rug, dark brown, which would complement the color of the furniture, or tan, which would complement the color of the furniture in a different way--the area rug also has some tan in it.

For some reason, I can't make a choice. I'm not sure I like the idea of white, as it could be too monochromatic. But I'm also afraid of choosing a darker color and making it too contrasty. At this point, I just want to hear some opinions out there--what would a decorator do, given the limited choices available?

Thanks!

In this situation, I would actually try to match the blinds to your floor. If you could get wooden blinds, that would be the best, but even on a vinyl mini-blind budget, you could find a lovely blonde neutral color to mimic a wood tone that would warm up the room. I think forest green would be much too stark of a contrast against a white wall, and we all know white is just... blah... :p But that's just my take on it...

Let us know what you decide!

Hi Atomx,

I have to agree with Daryl by voting for the tan color. Something more neutral than the green. The green will bind you with your couches and the next person might find it difficult to match the blinds with their furniture. If you get a neutral color that matches your floors, it would be a lot more practical.

Chris

Latest posts

Back