DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > Refinish Kitchen Cabinets: Where to put knobs?

Old 04-12-2007, 09:05 PM  
suncouch

Default Refinish Kitchen Cabinets: Where to put knobs?

I am refinishing and updating these very traditional kitchen cabinets. They will be dark wood, but I am removing the ugly brass backplate and handle. I would like to put a knob on th edge of the door (or I am open to a pull) but because of where the moulding is, I think a standard 1.25 inch knob would look funny since it would almost overlap the moulding or the edge of the door because this area is much more narrow than in other doors I've seen. But perhaps that would be better than putting it on the inside of the moulding? Any suggestions are very appreciated! I attached a few pictures to illustrate. Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2007, 09:41 PM  
Big Red

There are pulls out there that have a real small base on them and look like they would fit those doors. I have doors with lots of ribbon molding on them and my pulls have the small base. I got them from the cabinet guy but have seen the same pulls at Home Depot. HD has a huge selection of pulls. Why don't you take one of the doors with you so you can get a good fit?

Old 04-17-2007, 01:25 PM  
suncouch

Thanks for your help!

Quick Reply