DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > Cabinets on legs?

Old 05-01-2007, 11:41 AM  
thomb

Default Cabinets on legs?

Greetings,
Great case of hindsight being 20/20 but..
I need more counter space along a wall (72”) that does not attach directly to the current new cabinets w/ granite countertops.
I have a nice newly tiled floor. What I’d like to do is have a cabinet manufactured that matches the existing cherry cabinets, has matching granite top, but sits on legs. I suspect I’d need to attach the backs of said cabinet to the wall to prevent it from sliding around. Guess I am looking for validation – i.e. the cabinet maker is not going to say I am crazy? Or charge me an excessively large number of dollars…(any thoughts on cost here?)
Regards,
Thom

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2007, 01:26 PM  
cibula11

Have you heard of the store IKEA? They produce cabinets and other furniture. All of their cabinets come with legs. You can also buy the legs seperately. I'm sure you are not the first to ask for legs. And yes, you will want to attach the cabinet to the wall. Otherwise it will wobble and move around.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply