Wall Mounted Vent Hood for Kitchen

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

00naomi00

Reaction score
Does anyone have a great experience with a particular brand of vent hood? I have a gas range and I do a lot of cooking. It will be venting outside. I don't know much about vent hoods since I've never had to purchase one before. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Your not going with a microwave?
Did you say you had ordered cupboard what was allowed for as far as measurements?

Your not going with a microwave?
Did you say you had ordered cupboard what was allowed for as far as measurements?

No, the microwave isnt powerful enough to remove the smells and I would prefer to have a hood.

I believe the measurement is 30

Broan and Nutone are two brands you will find in the big box stores. They are essentially the same company. Nutone has been around for decades and their stuff generally works Okay. I can't speak for any higher end products, but if you venture into that territory, be prepared to pay.

Broan and Nutone are two brands you will find in the big box stores. They are essentially the same company. Nutone has been around for decades and their stuff generally works Okay. I can't speak for any higher end products, but if you venture into that territory, be prepared to pay.

I went with the Broan Elite 30" Stainless Wall Mount Hood. I will let you know how it works out. Thank you for the suggestion. :) :thbup:

Back