Wall Mounted Bathtub Faucet

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

00naomi00

Reaction score
On to the next dilemma in our list of craziness for this remodel! lol We have a stand alone tub and I'm wanting to put a wall mounted faucet behind it to fill it up. Here is the one I have chosen.....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002CZOQCY/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Will this work? If not, why? Could you recommend one that might? As always, your help is beyond words appreciated!!

Last edited by a moderator:
My tub holds 103 gallons and I don't know what faucet to purchase. It needs to be a wall mount faucet, since that is what the design is laid out to be. I could really use some help. Thank you!

My hot tub holds 400 gallons but I only fill it every 4 months. That’s a big tub you got there. I think something like what you picked out would be fine.

How large a tank does your water heater have?

Last edited:
I have to say the same thing i always add when someone asks a question like this: Pick something to your taste! As long as it reaches the edge of the tub, it will be alright. The only other concern would be if the flow rate is sufficient to fill the tub (surely you wouldn't be adding all 103 gallons, it would overflow as soon as you put your foot in) in a timely manner.

Even 50 gallons is a heck of a lot of water in a bathtub if you have ever filled a 55gal drum with a garden hose.

That is a beautiful tub and it will look amazing set up in your home! You definitely need to find a magnificent faucet to go with your tub. The freestanding tub filler in the photo looks very nice. But if you need a Wall Mount Faucet there are a few places to look at in online stores that sell Clawfoot Tubs.

103 gallons 1 gallon of water weighs about 8.3454 pounds.= 854 pounds
plus the tub itself plus your body weight is well over 1000 pounds

what is the tub sitting on? is it joists? what size and center to center span?

Latest posts

Back