Stairway Help

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhansen

Reaction score
I am working a stairway that had sheet vinyl glue down to the wood. I got the vinyl up, now i am left with the backing and the glue. Any helpful hints on getting this up or ides of what you would do to finish these stairs. I would prefer no carpet or sheet vinyl. I am open to idea though. ThanksIMG_1856.jpgIMG_1854.jpg

Been there done that. A lot of time and a lot of elbow grease is the only way I know. A little heat as Neal suggested might soften the tar / glue stuff then a putty knife and scrapper.

Welcome to the forum :welcome:

Ever tried putting the laminate plank flooring on stairs? or any alternative to sheet vinyl, I am doing the laminate plank at the top and bottom landings... thanks again

Ever tried putting the laminate plank flooring on stairs? or any alternative to sheet vinyl, I am doing the laminate plank at the top and bottom landings... thanks again

I have seen it done, they put a transition piece on the nose of every step.
I thought it was dumb and dangerous.
A new hardwood tread would make more sense but it would take the stairs out of code. But then so would the transition pieces

I would do one riser and one tread and see how they look. If it looks like they will finish up nice then go for it. If not then think about other plans.

Latest posts

Back