Plz help

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salamander94

Reaction score
So basically I need this to just look not as noticeable. The window closes, but as you can see I need to bend the hinge down so I can fit the wood over it. As well as make the screen look better . I only have a few days to fix this . Any and all suggestions are welcome !!

IMG_2685.jpg

IMG_2684.jpg

IMG_2683.jpg

IMG_2682.jpg

IMG_2681.jpg

IMG_2680.jpg

The casement operator appears to be intact, just displaced from its correct location in the frame, so you'll need to repair the window frame.

You will have to remove it and see if you can straighten it out, if not you may need a new hinge it looks like a Pella from the 90s.

Yep. It's a Pella and parts should be available from them. But you may not have time for all that. Other than the offsets at the ends of the arms, everything here is supposed to be flat so take the mechanism out and hammer the arms as flat as you can get them then put it back and see how it goes. Do not try to bend them with the unit mounted in place as that will likely end up bending or breaking something somewhere else. Do not force the operation if it binds up but instead try to determine what is binding and what needs to be done to rectify that. Once you do that the broken wood can be glued back and painted. Pella might also have that piece of wood available too.

And welcome to procrastinator's anonymous. We'll send your official membership card when we get around to it :rolleyes:

Phil

Back