Anyone has experience with EasyOn Gutter Guard?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilyaz

Reaction score
I finally got fed up with cleaning my gutters and want to install some sort of gutter cover system.

Read this article that listed EasyOn Gutter Guard sold at COSTCO. Has anyone had experience with it? Does it work?

I don't have any coniferous tress on my property so no needles, cones or sap to deal with, but lots of leaves, small twigs, seeds etc. My gutters are about a year old but in one place they already have a bit of a "v" shape I think from accumulating debris and water when the gutter gets clogged. The roof is asphalt shingles (also new, installed after we got hail damage in May'16).

I have two main questions:
1. When it rains really hard, does it overflow? I definitely don't want that since my basement just flooded after my gutters got clogged during heavy rain and water poured to the foundation of the house.
2. Do you actually have to clean the gutters from time to time, even if rarely? The mess seems to be fine enough to stop most of the debris, but if it does not stop everything from getting into the gutters, I presume you have to clean that stuff sooner or later. If you do have to clean it, how complicated is the job?

Thank you!

I've used a few plastic versions. They are okay, but I haven't found anything that is "perfect". You have to clean them all occasionally. I have found that if I get up to the roof in the spring (after oak trees have flowered) and the fall (after the trees have dropped ll the leaves) i can keep things pretty clean.

Back