Need some advice on contractor

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

falcon32

Reaction score
Guys im here hoping to get some input as to what i need to do with my current contractor.
I hired a contractor to finish up remodel job(less than 10k). We made an agreement and i paid my 10% upfront. He got started the next day. My family doesnt live at the house due to this remodeling. The third day i noticed some small stuff starting to disappear that i couldnt find. I confronted him about it and he said he didnt know anything about it. Keep in mind he is only one up there so im thinking this is kind of strange. The next week i slowly started missing my yard fertilizer,texture gun,paint thinner,and a few tools.
Ive caught him lying to me about what stuff cost and charging excessively and never can produce a receipt.He comes in at 11am everyday for last week and im getting so tired of this behavior. Do i have grounds to get rid of him without a whole bunch of red tape? thanks alot

Do you have access to security or game cameras? Do you have a written contract? Have you taken pics of you belongings at the end of the day and inventoried the next? If you can't trust him, show him the door, pay him for work done and say goodbye.

#1, Him showing up the next day to do the work should have been your first red flag somethings wrong.
No "good" contractor would be able to do that.
If I know for a fact there stealing, there fired and I file a police report, as well as contacting the Board of Contractors, if he even has a licence.

Latest posts

Back