Interior Foam showing through Exterior Brick

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bones032

Reaction score
So I am buying a home, and I am trying to figure out a fix for a needed repair.

The back of the house looks like it used to have a porch that was removed. Instead of sealing the wall up properly for the outside, they tried a quick fix and smeared some concrete over the interior brick, foam and wood. Because of this, when it rains, water leaks through the sponge into the basement walls.

Is a fix for this, just a few bricks? Or does this whole section of wall need to be redone? I really cannot figure out a solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back Wall.jpg

Back Wall Closeup.jpg

I think the easiest would be siding that area with a flashing that went behind the siding above and flashing at the bottom to move the water away from the house. For looks you may want to do the whole foundation. area.

Welcome to the site. It does look like a brick repair and that may be inspected for strength and quality of work.

If it was mine I'd be removing all that damaged brick and tieing it all back in with new wire cut bricks so it all would match.
The bottom of that walls a mess, footing was not dig out deep enough, or blocks set to high so the blocks webbing was left exposed.
I'd be filling in any low areas and water proofing as best I could around the footing and up the wall 6" then back filling so the grade ran away from the foundation.

Latest posts

Back