Bathroom Help

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missy20016

Reaction score
Any ideas as to what I can in this bathroom. An addition was completed and a hallway is now on the other side of this "window" where a mirror replaced the glass. Having the mirror there is handy, but I'm not crazy about the window frame. If I remove the window frame and sill, I'll have to also replace the tile where the sill is and I'd like to refrain from doing that.

IMG_0554%5B1%5D.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I think it looks nice the way it is. The tile is a little dark for such a small space though.
Are there other things you want to change in the bathroom? Are you happy with the tile?

Well, we are going to sell the house in a few months and I hesitate to do too much because buyers may just come in and gut whatever I may change. I plan to paint the walls and ceiling and remove the shade and its hardware and paint the frame of the window. Someone mentioned that the window style mirror reminded them of a double sided mirror and that they would question whether the bathroom was private. I was just wondering what I could do to make this look better - Cutesy curtains with a valance? I was thinking about putting some floating shelves up higher on the mirror - if I put them lower, anybody sitting on the toilet may rise up and hit lower shelves with their shoulder. I don't know...

Edit - Being that the photo is sideways, behind the door on the bottom of the photo is a large soaking tub & shower with the walls also in the same black tile.

Last edited:
I flipped the pic for you. It looks great and i like the window mirror. :thbup:

I think if you took the shade down the window mirror would look sort of like a medicine cabinet.
Personally, I'd just leave it and let the buyers deal with it. Painting wouldn't be a bad idea though.

Thanks for fixing the image, bud. I had to turn my monitor sideways at first. LOL.

You can probably change the wood trim to a more clean contemporary style of molding. Paint it to blend a little better. If you get rid of the shade/curtains, it will look less like a window and more like a mirror.

What's on the hallway side? If the hallway has light I would perhaps put in some frosted glass? Otherwise I would think you could apply a antique mirror paint, or chalkboard paint. You could also make it into a shelf.

Although I think it already look pretty nice, I also think that the tiles are a little bit too dark and too small for such a tiny space. With a bigger tile and a brighter color, the bathroom will instantly look more spacious.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back