Jerry rig broken AC drain line

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D725A

Reaction score
Noticed the air handler was leaking water, but filter was good and drain line was not blocked. AC guy opened it up and found plastic slot--drain line holder-- in inside pan had snapped. (Probably stepped on by spray foam contractors.) AC is 25 years old, and is a bit dirty inside--and some black mold that I intend to dab some bleach on tonight, but while deciding on a possible new unit I thought--after it all dries out-- I could superglue the broken piece together, then gorilla tape it from outside and inside pan and see if it will hold. Will also clean the pan bottom. It works fine. Maybe clean coils a bit though they don't have much debris on them, a little rust maybe. Maybe spray some water through the fins and see if there's mucho debris? Any thoughts? See photos.

IMG_2336edsm.jpg

IMG_2342edsm.jpg

IMG_2350edsm.jpg

IMG_2352edsm.jpg

IMG_2354edsm.jpg

IMG_2359edsm.jpg

If you have another drain port at the other corner perhaps you could adjust the level so water runs to the other corner.

Thanks, that's really smart. However I would then have a larger jerry rig to run the external drain tubing up to that point. But I'll certainly keep it in mind.

Thanks, that's really smart. However I would then have a larger jerry rig to run the external drain tubing up to that point. But I'll certainly keep it in mind.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alyzGrgL6So[/ame]

Back