Is it rhubarb?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swimmer_spe

Reaction score
There is a plant growing in my yard that looks like rhubarb. The problem is, I don't know if it is. I don't want to bite a piece, ans I do not want to get sick or worse.

So, what else could it be?

Without a photo we will just get into a rhubarb over rhubarb. :)

E39DC235-0A5C-4A2E-8335-37C83C1C272C_zpsrlklyxzs.jpg

A1D443D4-79ED-4A16-AD13-E9E41C1CDB48_zpsi0ipnl1u.jpg

So, is that rhubarb

Looks like rhubarb. If be willing to take a test bite. Don't eat the leaves though

Looks like rhubarb to me. about enough for one pie or two if you mix it with strawberries.

The stems on rhubarb that i have seen are strong enough to hold up the leaves, and the leaves in your pic seem to be a little elongated compared to the pic in the next post.
But, Like I said, I'm no expert.

Rhubarb will grow spindly like that if the soil and light are not that good. It looks to me like it was fighting for some light and most likely came up under some of the scrap lumber.

Rhubarb will grow spindly like that if the soil and light are not that good. It looks to me like it was fighting for some light and most likely came up under some of the scrap lumber.

I had scrap wood piled up over it, then they poked through. I removed the wood to find this.

So, yes, they were fighting for light.

A neighbour informed me that it was rhubarb. The remember from when the last owner lived here.

Back