Drainage problems

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C_walker

Reaction score
Hi the washing machine and kitchen sink drain pipe was cut and drains on top of the dirt on the side of the mobile home. The water pools up there and overflows under the house mostly because of all the rain. I saw a 3" x 50'" corregated drain pipe for $29 at Lowe's. Do you think I could try to attach it to run the water out across the property away from the house? Any other suggestions? What kind of damages did this cause? The place is falling apart and looks really bad. I don't know how to send you a picture?

Thanks. Yeah my uncle said he cut it because it kept backing up flooding behind the washing machine and dryer and everything they tried to fix it didn't work.

Here is a picture of the side of the mobile home and you can. see the drain pipe on the bottom right if you zoom in. The water there now is from the rain. The washing machine hasn't been used since Thursday.

Here is the picture of the drainage problem. The drain is on the bottom right if you zoom in. The water is mostly from the rain. The washing machine was last used on Thursday.

IMG_20170723_092626.jpg

My uncle said it can't be reconnected to the old drain. I'm not sure why? I think he said that it used to go into a dry well there that is no longer working?

So do you think it would help to attach and extend a corregated drain pipe to move the water far away from the house?

Does this trailer set in a trailer community?

What state are you in, that in this day and age, allows you to connect human waste to a dry well?

Ugh I know...it was a long time ago my grandfather did it for just the washing machine thinking it was grey water and not as bad. He was a little unusual. So my mom is 71 and living here trying to clean up the mess. She's working with a small budget of course..lol

Are you on a well, or city/county water?

Do you incinerate your trash, or is it collected?

Latest posts

Back