Laminate Tile

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanMark

Reaction score
Hi
I have to do the front entrance with laminate tile Is 12 inches by 2 feet. (versa clic)Purchased at Lowes. I contacted them plus manufacturer regarding video installation.They both referred me to you tube but there isnt anything I could find. Their written instructions are kind of lame. All kinds of information regarding planks (which I,ve done before and was kind of simple)
These tiles seem to be a different beast. I helped someone install some a couple of years ago and they were difficult to lock in and install. Was wondering if there were any tips (like at what angle to push locks together or if it would help to crank the heat up and do it while it is warmer.?
They are climatitized to go into room I,m doing. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I have limited experience with the planks and no experience with the tiles, but I am curious to know what differences you're finding. Are they stiffer? Is the shorter length making it harder to bend them, etc?

Sorry for late reply.Without any help from Lowes or manufacturer I was able to find a you tube video on luxury vinyl tile that really helped. The key was the guy said when you,re really frustrated take a break LOL I was fortunate enough to be doing an area 5 feet by 20 feet so I could assemble a full length (5 feet) and lock it in.
If you try doing a tile at a time its really difficult to lock it into existing row and click next tile in. The key is to put tiles at 30 degree angle.

Latest posts

Back