Repairs in a travel trailer.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerjohn1324

Reaction score
Where can I find a replacement doorknob like this?

Also, how can I replace one cabinet door? I don't think they sell them like that.

1020171644.jpg

1020171644a.jpg

1020171628_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
For the lock your best bet is a trailer repair facility.

For the cabinet door, contact the trailer mfg., you can look on-line, or take the door to a local cabinet shop, which may b e able to replicate it.

Is there a way to put plywood in front of the cabinet where the door is and have it not look bad?

Also, had a tub leak. Any idea how to patch all this floor?

1021171838.jpg

1021171838a.jpg

1021171838b.jpg

1021171838c.jpg

1021171838d.jpg

Also, I have a 6" x 6" hole in plywood floor in other part of trailer. It's in a corner with nothing to attach to on 2 sides. How do I patch that? I could get a picture tomorrow.

Is there a way to put plywood in front of the cabinet where the door is and have it not look bad?

Leave it open and when you advertise it for rent, put some small artificial flowers in the space, and if it's mentioned, tell them it's left open to display decorative glassware.

What about the drawer in the bathroom?

Also, had a tub leak. Any idea how to patch all this floor?

Any hrdw. vendor will have decorative vinyl trim for around the tub.

The floor looks place-n-press tile so just clean it up and either add more or replace it all.

Last edited:
Also, I have a 6" x 6" hole in plywood floor in other part of trailer. It's in a corner with nothing to attach to on 2 sides. How do I patch that? I could get a picture tomorrow.

You should cut the floor and find the joist for support and repair from their.

Leave it open and when you advertise it for rent, put some small artificial flowers in the space, and if it's mentioned, tell them it's left open to display decorative glassware.

What about the drawer in the bathroom?

Any hrdw. vendor will have decorative vinyl trim for around the tub.

The floor looks place-n-press tile so just clean it up and either add more or replace it all.

I'm talking about replacing the bits of soggy plywood I had to rip out. It's next to a wall, so nothing to support it with.

If I don't put something down here (red), I have nothing to stick the tile to.

XCamera-20171022_020403.jpg

Last edited:
I'm talking about replacing the bits of soggy plywood I had to rip out. It's next to a wall, so nothing to support it with.

If I don't put something down here (red), I have nothing to stick the tile to.

You'll need to crawl under there and find the support mechanism and work from there.

Exactly, it's an amplification of the term "gopher".

I also have to replace these decades old pieces of plastic that were on the outside of cabinet doors. Nothing at HD or Lowe's comes close to matching.

What to do?

1024170828.jpg

Then do the same thing cabinet vendors have been doing for years, cut a piece of paneling and fit it into the recess in the doors.

Or wallpaper the insert. The variety is only limited by your imagination.

Latest posts

Back