My 5 year home

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swimmer_spe

Reaction score
June 2016, I became a homeowner. I love it. I have always said that this is "my 5 year house" My plan is to buy a house on a lake.

So, this house....

When I was looking for a house, it needed at least 2 bedrooms and either a garage or space for a garage.

I now have a garage.

Since being here, I have done quite a few renos. Some are minor, others are more major.

They include:

Major
A new roof,
New siding,
New Garage,
Painted most of the house.
knock down old shed (neighbours and city were happy.)

Minor:
replaced railing and steps of my deck
repaired spotlit on overhang
paint basement floor, and lay down some vinyl tiles where there was none.
fixed holes in drywall by a window
new carpet on stairs

I still have a long list of things I will be doing, but I also have a list of things that I will Not be doing. I will not make the list here, but they are things that are going to be costly, and I know I cannot do them. If my plan of this being a 5 year house falls through, the house, property and location are good for the long term too. but those other things will have to be done.

I am planning my future renos based on these plans.

Do you have a photo of it? Before and after. Sounds as if you've been very busy.

Do you have a photo of it? Before and after. Sounds as if you've been very busy.

I have.. I have posted them to my Facebook account, and sometimes on here.

When I moved here, I took photos of every room and all around outside. As I do things I take pictures.

Back