Claim against Bond

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I just had a GC install some tile and it is horrible workmanship. Every tile installer I have interviewed since says it all needs to be demo'd and start over.

Can anyone give me some guidance on going after the GC's bond.

Post some pictures, what's the issues.
Why was there even a bond? Is this a commercial job?
I could see going against his insurance if he even has it.

First question, have you paid them in full?

They walked off the job, and I have paid them nothing, I am out the cost of the tile. The labor & tile cost to re-do will far exceed their contract price. Plus they damaged existing marble which i have estimates to restore.

Last edited:
Filing a claim against his liability insurance and a letter from an attorney seeking resolution would be my first course of action. Document everything, dates, workers names, anything you can think of in conversations. With anyone involved. Take plenty of pictures. Hopefully you have some before pictures.

Post some pictures, what's the issues.
Why was there even a bond? Is this a commercial job?
I could see going against his insurance if he even has it.

In many states you have to have a bond to have a contractors license, it acts like an insurance policy for those who don't have insurance.

OP give a call to your license board as well, they might be able to help.

I agree with oldognewtrick, you need to file against the liability insurance. There is a clause that covers such type of damages under liability insurance, you can claim against it. You can take special info from expert agents who can help you complete the paperwork and claim for the coverage, you will have to get the documents that can help you rest your case along with photographs and the construction work bills.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back