Searching for best door replacement services in Ontario

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jiffan

Reaction score
I am writing this for my uncle. He is more than 80 now.He is now staying with us and we all are planning to reconstruct one of our room for him. But we have the limitation of room space in our home. All rooms are small. And with this limitation, we are planning for windows and door replacement. We wish to place windows that are of 100% lead-free and of natural light availability in that room. I heard from many about this that they adopted lead-free windows in their home. Is this possible to have 100% lead-free windows? And Is it possible to replace the doors without damaging the walls near to it? I am confused to take a decision that whom should I approach for this. Many of my college friends suggested me to search for best door replacement services in Ontario. They are arguing that in Ontario there are many good services providers like north tech windows and doors which are best for such renovation works. But I just need your suggestion too. Do any have experiences from any of such service providers in Ontario?

Last edited:
Not sure what your wine glasses have to do with windows. I don't think lead oxide was ever used in window glass.

If you paint your windows with lead paint you could have lead in your windows?

Is this possible to have 100% lead free windows?

As far as I know, leaded glass (also known as crystal) is not used in modern window panes. The rest of the window is typically vinyl, fiberglass, wood, aluminum, steel, depending on the brand and model.

I would expect that just about any company that sells windows and doors (only), also offers installation. I would Google "replacement windows and doors (name of my town)".

Is this possible to have 100% lead free windows? yes all new replacement windows and doors are 100% lead free now

Back