DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Plumbing Forum > Some PEX Questions

Old 06-13-2007, 04:18 PM  
ando1048576

Default Some PEX Questions

I've been reading all I can in these forums, the Terry Love forums, and a few other sites found via Google, but still have some lingering questions.

The general feeling I get is that Wirsbo is a more reputable solution than that found at Lowe's or Home Depot, and that over time the cost of using an expansion-type system like ProPEX is lower than that of a crimp ring system. It also seems like over time wear and tear on an expansion tool would be more forgiving for a quality of PEX connection than a crimp-type tool would. Is this what people have found?

How do you typically stub out PEX supply lines? Use a drop-ear elbows connection, or use a chrome sleeve some-how (not sure how this one works)?

I plan on running a single 1/2" supply line to my bathroom, which I don't think will be a problem because there shouldn't be multiple fixtures on at one time for extended periods of time and I have high water pressure where I live. It will tee into a shower, toilet, and sink. Any objections to this? (The current plumbing was 1/2" copper tee'd to all 3 fixtures with no pressure problems)

Does it make any difference if you use the metal or plastic corner supports?

Thanks - and sorry if these have been answered before. I just haven't been able to find the answers yet.

Andy

Last edited by ando1048576; 06-13-2007 at 04:34 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply