DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Framing and Foundation > wall with 2 sliding doors

Old 10-16-2005, 09:45 AM  
Golden3

Default wall with 2 sliding doors

This is my living room, I would like to remove the 2nd slider, the one closest to the wall. I want to wall in the bottom half, leave the top half as a window. To me, the wall is useless and I feel that this would make it more useful. Disregard where the furniture is we just moved and haven't decided where it will be placed. The tv is on the same wall as the french door.

Thank you for your thoughts.

living.JPG  

Last edited by Golden3; 10-16-2005 at 09:46 AM. Reason: spelling error in post

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2005, 04:46 PM  
FirTrader

Very easily done - windows and doors are framed so that the hole is supported by the beam - that is, the studs on the side are doing all the supporting work... so if you pull out that door, and frame in some stuff at the bottom, then you can install a similarly sized window with ease. Most difficult part will be the outside trim work, depending on the siding etc which will need to be repaired/replaced.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply