Best Tires

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acolic

Reaction score
Hi

Need to get new all season tires for my 2007 XC90 with stock rims.

Considering I have a set of winter tires.

Cost not being a factor what do people suggest?

I moved your post for you.

You dont say where you live. If it is in deep snow country or mild, I would suggest different i think.

I am a huge fan of the Falken AT3, I run them on two of my trucks, they handle great, grip well and have the best mileage warranty you will find in an all terrain tire. I just put Cooper all terrains on my wifes truck and really like them too, I would have done the Falkens but they didn't make them in the size I wanted. The Coopers had a 55k warranty and the Falkens a 60k warranty. I do a lot of driving so the warranty is important. My last set of BFG all terrains got me 30k and thats it.

I've had Michelin on my 2003 Dodge 2500 and average 70K.

Mostly between Hemet and Ventura.

They are all season and they have changed the designation from M to MS.

I put the 5th set at 296,748, love that CUMMINS.

I’m far from a tire expert and where we live winter conditions with snow and ice are brutal and if you are out in it and plowing like I used to do a lot of you almost need new tires going into each winter. I have 3 or 4 sets of rims for my truck and always ran BFG all terrain T/A KO. I used to run the 235-85-16 they were the skinny tall 10ply load range E. They would run forever but if I was careful I could get 2 winters out of them and then switch to the older ones to wear down in the summer. Still have the GMC 2500 300,000 miles and going strong lots of miles for a gasser.

I have recommended these in lighter tires for others with SUVs and people seem to like them.

I've been running TOYO Open Country all terains on my 01 F-350 diesel crew cab and have averaged 70k out of them. Wouldn't hesitate to put TOYO's on everything I own. YMMV.

I've been running TOYO Open Country all terains on my 01 F-350 diesel crew cab and have averaged 70k out of them. Wouldn't hesitate to put TOYO's on everything I own. YMMV.

The TOYO open country A/T seem to be a similar lug pattern to the BFG’s I mentioned. I have heard good things about them as well. The BFG’s have more siping that I like due to our snow here. The old theory when I was a kid was to dig down in the snow to find traction, now it is to get traction off of the snow surface in part. Blizzak is doing that better than most I’m told and many of the plow guys run them. My problem is those designs are softer compounds also and wear out in short order in the summer.

The way those TOYO and BFG treads interlock make for a smoother dry road ride than any lug types I have ever tried.

I had Toyo's on the mustang for a few years, they took turns having slow leaks, after about 6 re and re with them I gave up and put some cheap Chinese tires on it. Better in the snow than Toyo too.

Does everyone know the downside of tubeless on painted rims?

Mostly between Hemet and Ventura.

They are all season and they have changed the designation from M to MS.

I put the 5th set at 296,748, love that CUMMINS.
Hemet is not a great place to visit. I'm building a has station there right now on Florida.

My Cummins is about to hit 200k and still feels like a new truck. My new Cummins has 50k now. I'm a fan.

I’m far from a tire expert and where we live winter conditions with snow and ice are brutal and if you are out in it and plowing like I used to do a lot of you almost need new tires going into each winter. I have 3 or 4 sets of rims for my truck and always ran BFG all terrain T/A KO. I used to run the 235-85-16 they were the skinny tall 10ply load range E. They would run forever but if I was careful I could get 2 winters out of them and then switch to the older ones to wear down in the summer. Still have the GMC 2500 300,000 miles and going strong lots of miles for a gasser.

I have recommended these in lighter tires for others with SUVs and people seem to like them.
That's a great size and I used to love bfg all terrains until my last two sets got nothing for mileage out of them.

That's a great size and I used to love bfg all terrains until my last two sets got nothing for mileage out of them.

I have noticed that about tires also. I bought a SUV years ago and it had Uniroyal Laredo tires on it. every other one on the lot had BFG’s so I told the dealer I would buy it but could he switch the tires with another one. He said he could. Went to pick it up and them damn Uniroyal tires were still on it and he told me because it was a dealer car and had 600 miles on it the boss said no switching. So I took it as is. I put 60,000 miles on those tires and saw hardly any wear. I got worried about the age of them and I never liked them even though the worked good and wore like iron. I took them off and put them on my half ton truck and ran them another 50,000 miles. So now I was sold on the things they grew on me. I bought the exact same tire for the truck again and they wore out in under 40,000.

I think when they come out with something new they put a better compound in it at first.

I have noticed that about tires also. I bought a SUV years ago and it had Uniroyal Laredo tires on it. every other one on the lot had BFG’s so I told the dealer I would buy it but could he switch the tires with another one. He said he could. Went to pick it up and them damn Uniroyal tires were still on it and he told me because it was a dealer car and had 600 miles on it the boss said no switching. So I took it as is. I put 60,000 miles on those tires and saw hardly any wear. I got worried about the age of them and I never liked them even though the worked good and wore like iron. I took them off and put them on my half ton truck and ran them another 50,000 miles. So now I was sold on the things they grew on me. I bought the exact same tire for the truck again and they wore out in under 40,000.

I think when they come out with something new they put a better compound in it at first.
Hard rubber will wear like iron, soft rubber has good traction. Sometimes they change that or screw that up. It would be nice to have the tester at hand when you buy tires but they cost more than tires.
http://www.globalindustrial.ca/p/to...44GhptsAQdaJ4FtW1gLpaBp3P3ALtwrhoC-VUQAvD_BwE

Latest posts

Back