slab damage from wedge bolt

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juryduty

Reaction score
Hi all, I am putting a 10x12 shed on a slab and securing it with "red head" bolts.

I must have drilled one at a slightly bad angle, too close to the edge, and ended up popping out some of the concrete on the side of the slab. Here are a couple of pics:

2018-02-12 15.17.55.jpg
2018-02-12 15.18.04.jpg

What's the best way to fix this, can I use SAKRETE Fast Set Patcher (shove as much in there as possible with a trowel) or something like that?

thanks for any clues...

I'd be be far more concerned with how close that pine siding is to grade.
I would have sealed that bottom piece on all sides before even installing, and made sure I installed gutters to reduce splashback that will rot out the siding.

This looks to be western red cedar siding.

Current code calls for a minimum of 6" clearance from finished grade to any wood products on structure.

If the damage from the expansion anchor is only in one area and this is nothing but a storage shed, I wouldn't be too concerned.

I usually buy the concrete patch in the powdered form and mix quantities as needed. Trowel it in. Strike it even before it sets
If water intrusion is a concern, get the hydraulic concrete patch. (this stuff goes off FAST!)

Back