DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > General Discussion > Introductions > Hello to all (Goodbye Cottage Cheese)

Old 09-26-2007, 03:09 PM  
19AmyLynn72

Default Hello to all (Goodbye Cottage Cheese)

I hope I have done the right thing I have been wanting to get rid of cottage cheese with glitter factor in my whole house I love the house but, cottage cheese has to go. My hubby loves it and I'm wondering what dimention or planet he's from. Our home is new to us and it was built in 1950 I don't think the cottage cheese came with the original floor plan I want it gone gone gone back to where it came from. So, this is one of the many reasons why this gal is here. Well, goodluck to all in your DIY make overs and see ya's around.
AmyLynn

Last edited by 19AmyLynn72; 09-26-2007 at 03:20 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2007, 08:25 PM  
glennjanie

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Send a message via AIM to glennjanie

Welcome AmyLynn:
The cottage cheese or popcorn texture can be removed with a scraper, such as a 10" wide joint finishing knife. Then some sanding will be required to smooth it out. Remember, textrues are used on ceilings in order to cut down on joint finishing. Where 3 or 4 coats of join finish is normally used, a texture will let you by with just 'tape, fill, sand' so, once you get the texture off the joints may need more finish to make a good job of the ceiling.
Its a lot of hard work and mess and I wish you the best.
Glenn

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply