What is involved with installing stove/bathroom vents?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dble_g2k

Reaction score
Good day everyone, this will be my first post so hello to all!

I am the new owner of a triplex. It's actually a century home converted into Two 1 bedroom apartments and a bachelor unit in the attic. I am eager to install range hoods and vents for these units as well as one of the bathrooms is lacking a vent and fan as well. How would I go about locating an electrical supply for these range hoods and the bathroom fan? As well what is involved with punching holes in the cinder blocks to vent to the outside?

I would like this to be my first DIY project and am willing to do any and all work myself. Regarding the electrical supply would it be better to bring in a certified electrician to at least rough out my work?

All input is greatly appreciated.

Welcome Dble:
Fishing a new wire through is often a difficult job but, I can tell you there are sensors made now that can trace a wire right through the wall. If you could find a junction box near the installation, perhaps you could run a wire from there. The range hoods and fans you are talking about do not pull very much amperage, so they could be tapped into almost any hot wire.
Glenn

Latest posts

Back