DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > General Discussion > Introductions > I need help

Help Support House Repair Talk by donating using the link above.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-12-2007, 09:23 AM  
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1
Default I need help

My name is greg Hanrahan and I live in Seattle Washington. My father has recently passed away and we are having trouble selling the house because it needs a new foundation. Is there anyone who cen tell me what process I need to go through, or the easiest way gto jack up the house and pour new foundation, I am a general contractor but a little out of my field of expertise. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appriciated.

Thank you,


greghanrahan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 09:31 AM  
Daryl in Nanoose
Senior Member
Daryl in Nanoose's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Nanoose Bay, BC
Posts: 767
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 7


You could call one of your Concrete contractors to take a look.
Daryl in Nanoose is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 10:16 AM  
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,990
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts


Hello Greg and Welcome to the Forum:
The house can be jacked up just enough to release the present foundation, block it there with wood cribbing, take the remains of the old foundation out, dig a 16" wide trench under the preimeter down to hardpan, pour a new concrete footer at least a foot thick, lay 8" concrete blocks up to the house and remove the cribbing letting the house down on the new foundation.
Quite a project there, I wish you well.
glennjanie is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off