DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Framing and Foundation > Den

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-26-2007, 03:31 PM  
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3
Send a message via Yahoo to jessicavier
Default Den

My house mostly has a regular foundation. The den however has a concrete slab under it and i think it has a crack in it. The den seems to be pulling away from the rest of the house and all around where it attaches to rest of the house is a large crack. It goes all the way through to the outside. Is this hard to fix or is it even fixable?

jessicavier is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 03:46 PM  
mudmixer's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 620
Liked 55 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 45


What is a "regular" foundation and what is a "large" crack - 1/8" or 1"?

If it seems to be an over-all problem with some movement and settlement, call a structural engineer. He will tell you what is going on, whether it is serious or not and some options for repairs if they are needed. Do not call a contractor.

mudmixer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 10:32 PM  
Undermount sinks
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 12

how long have you noticed this? can you post a pic? or better yet call a structural engineer to check it further

good luck!

Undermount Sinks
Undermount sinks is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Newest Threads