DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > Appliances > HVAC > is this a good price for heatpump

Old 12-21-2007, 07:21 AM  
shan2themax

Send a message via AIM to shan2themax Send a message via Yahoo to shan2themax
Default is this a good price for heatpump

I am working with someone who works for a HVAC company... but he does things for me off the clock and on weekends..... I need to replace my heatpump and he quoted me a price for a scratch and dent 2.5 ton heatpump with a 2o kw heat kit and to replace the return air supply ductwork (its falling apart) for 2500...... I think this sounds good... but... I really am not sure... so let the opinions rolls. (btw the supply company price is good for 10 days from yesterday)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2007, 07:36 AM  
travelover

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan2themax View Post
I am working with someone who works for a HVAC company... but he does things for me off the clock and on weekends..... I need to replace my heatpump and he quoted me a price for a scratch and dent 2.5 ton heatpump with a 2o kw heat kit and to replace the return air supply ductwork (its falling apart) for 2500...... I think this sounds good... but... I really am not sure... so let the opinions rolls. (btw the supply company price is good for 10 days from yesterday)
Why don't you get a quick price from a local heating and cooling company? Their quotes are free.

Last edited by travelover; 12-21-2007 at 07:41 PM.

Old 12-21-2007, 09:34 AM  
shan2themax

Send a message via AIM to shan2themax Send a message via Yahoo to shan2themax

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelover View Post
Why don't you get a quick price from a local heating and coolling company? Their quotes are free.
to have an HVAC company do the same thing will be 5000... this person is doing it on his own time for extra money.... He is trustworthy... he has done other things for me in the past.... I was wondering about the unit itself I guess... 300 of the 2500 is for metal to remake the return air vents (not the runoffs).... I guess what I am asking is.... how much is a heatpump with a 20 kw heat kit..... i cant find prices on Goodmans site.....

Old 12-21-2007, 11:13 AM  
travelover

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan2themax View Post
to have an HVAC company do the same thing will be 5000... this person is doing it on his own time for extra money.... He is trustworthy... he has done other things for me in the past.... I was wondering about the unit itself I guess... 300 of the 2500 is for metal to remake the return air vents (not the runoffs).... I guess what I am asking is.... how much is a heatpump with a 20 kw heat kit..... i cant find prices on Goodmans site.....
A quote from a contractor should break out these costs individually.

Old 12-21-2007, 05:39 PM  
ToolGuy

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

A Google search for "Goodman Heat Pump" found it at $1,422. No mention of the 20 kw heat kit, which I assume would cost extra.

If an hvac company does it for $5000 it sounds like you're getting a pretty good deal.

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B]~ ToolGuy ~[/B][/COLOR]

[I]Save money on tools at [URL="http://mytoolbox.net"]MyToolbox.net[/URL]
[/I]

Old 12-21-2007, 09:59 PM  
glennjanie

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Send a message via AIM to glennjanie

Hey Shannon:
Jump on it while it is hot. You won't find a better price. That is a price from the late 70s.
Merry Christmas
Glenn

Old 06-14-2008, 07:56 PM  
geo fan

Default great price

I wouldnt take my tools out of the truck for that
hope you trust the guy scratch and dent means no manufactuer warrante
and a company has a reputation to protect and will repair mistakes for at least a year which is why they charge more

Quick Reply