Loose deadbolt bezel

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ironhat

Reaction score
I have a Stanley, French door with an Arrow (?!) lockset and deadbolt. The
deadbolt (DB) is loose and the bezel will turn but not tighten. On the
interior side of the DB are two steel pins which are below the level of the
brass colored bezel. I tried prying the interior side bezel as well as
turning but nothing has changed. Are any of you familiar with this
construction and how to tighten it? The last time this happened I called a
locksmith who repaired it while I was away. It can't be that hard but I'm
lost.
TIA!
Chuck

the arrow lockset is probly keyed on the inside as well as outside.if this is so,insert your key into in inside keyway and slowly turn.you will see the steel cover plate turning inside the two screw port holes on the inside.when they turn they will expose the screws inside the port holes.use a #2 phillips screwdriver to tighen your deadbolt screws.i am a locksmith by trade 25yrs.if you have problems let me know i will check back tommorow.

Well, acemike, I guess you learned a thing or two in your 25 years!! Exactly as described. I couldn't believe how far the one screw had backed out. I actually thought that it was stripped but everything tightend up just fine. Maaanny thanks for that tip. Imagine, 13 years of turning that lockset at least twice per day and I never notice the disappearing windows. Make ya feel a bit nonobservant!

Oh yea, thanks for the welcome, Square Eye (sounds like a date I had in college many years ago - *shudders*).

dont feel bad.many people call me to there homes to fix this simple problem.sometimes its the simplest things we overlook in are hectic lives!

Latest posts

Back