DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Flooring > Wicander 1000 cork floors

Old 04-24-2008, 07:14 PM  
spirits

Default Wicander 1000 cork floors

Hi everyone. I have been going round and round for a year ( I am going to work full time next year to end this silliness ) regarding flooring in kitchen/hallway/bath. Replacing good old sheet lino with something else that has a nicer look although sheet lino is my husband's choice for practicality. Prefer not to do tile on above grade floor. People around here have problems with cracks due to settling of houses and husband is developing arthritis in the hip and is looking down the road. Redid oak floors last year in LR/DR and the guys will do it in the wet areas but tell me it is not practical there. Most of their work is insurance claims . Anyway cork has been on my mind for a while and took another look at it at a very reputable store. Spoke to the owner and he feels the 1000 series is the best flooring for our needs. He believes it is a remarkable product and will give many years of good service. He did not recommend Adura luxury vinyl tiles by Mannington which I had also considered (he carries the line but does not recommend them) because of excessive scratching where he keeps a table and some chairs. The reason I went to that store was 4 months ago I was looking for area rugs there and got talking to their job supervisor. Thought he was a salesman but he was just going out to inspect a job and noticed the salespeople were all busy. He would not make a sale but would answer my questions re rugs. Anyway he had been in the flooring trade for over 50 years and he thinks this cork is the best flooring material ever. He even took me upstairs where they had it in the staff lunch room for the last 3 years and it did look good. Apparently if you do have problems the boards are very easy to replace. They will fade in direct sunlight but that is not an issue with us. I am taking a lot of time here but would like your input. There are at least 8 people I know in my boat and they are not happy with the downside of tile or hardwood in the wet areas. They are counting on me to do the homework and are putting off installing sheet lino in case cork is a consideration. The 1000 series is the top of the line, supposedly even better than Torlys. If anyone has experience with the product I would really be interested in hearing from them. Thanks in advance

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2008, 08:41 PM  
glennjanie

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Send a message via AIM to glennjanie

Sorry, I don't have experience with the products you mentioned but I know cork has begun to be highly recommended lately. I have seen articles about it in magazines that were very positive (I just don't remember which magazines).
Glenn

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply