OK, a new twist in the troubles. So, having made the fan work with a 9V battery, I figured the motor was OK.
However, today I tested the voltage coming to the condenser fan while the fridge was on. It tested 13+volts DC at pink/white and red/white. So, this tells me the board is sending voltage. Dangit! The board is already in the mail to me.
However, oddly, when I disconnect this molex plug (the white one with the red/white/pink going in, and red/blue/yellow/white coming out), I hear the evaporator fan turn off. Plug it back together, and it comes back on. So, for some reason, the evap fan has to make a loop through the condenser fan in order to run. Does that make sense? This is getting confusing.
Now I'm not so sure the new board will make a difference, and I'll be out $90.
Was my 9V battery test worthless?
Also, I included a photo of the compressor and drier (torpedo shaped copper at top). Look at the left end of the drier and tell me if that looks melted/broken to you. The fridge is cooling fine (I still have the room fan pointed on the condenser/compressor), so I assume the coolant is all still there. This just looks bad.
Any other help would be much appreciated. I'm not sure now whether to just reject the package when it comes (the new control board), or try it anyway.